Postprocessing-free high speed (50 Mbit/s) random bit generator based on quantum mechanics.
- Key Features
The source of randomness is based on the uncertainty of the detection time of photons emitted from a light emitting diode (LED). These photons are collected by a single photon detector at a high rate and subsequently digitized. The random bit stream can be output at an adjustable rate. With careful tuning of the LED’s light intensity, post processing can be omitted completely.
The output of the quRNG 50 passes the usual test suites for physical random number generators (see test report).
There is a research and an industrial version available. Both versions continuously run tests on the state of the random bit stream to ensure their high quality level.
- True Quantum Random Numbers
- High Speed (50 Mbit/s)
- USB 2.0 connection
- Post-Processing Unnecessary
- Continuous Self-Tests
- Easy-To-Use, Reliable
- (Online) Gambling/ Lotteries
- Numerical Simulations (e.g. Monte-Carlo Simulations)
- PIN/ TAN Generation
- Quantum Key Distribution/ Quantum Cryptography
- Product Datasheet (PDF, 380 kB)
- quRNG Test Report (PDF, 269 kB)
- Sample File (Binary, 10 MB)
- Scientific Paper about the quRNG50:
High speed optical quantum random number generation
H. Fürst, H. Weier, S. Nauerth, D. G. Marangon, C. Kurtsiefer, and H. Weinfurter
Optics Express (2010)